I think I found the problem. Multiple layer timeline edit.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

eric1223

I think I found the problem. Multiple layer timeline edit.

Post by eric1223 »

Moho 12, Windows 10 64 bit, i5-6440 processor

There is a problem with the multiple layer editing on the timeline. This bug causes your program to crash if you try to select anything, and bascally ruin your day/file :? . Synth figured out that it had something to do with the "translate layer tool", I'm gonna show you what to do, so that you don't do this again.

Behold my abomination! https://www.dropbox.com/s/7npt03uoubg13 ... .moho?dl=0

Here's how to replicate this bug....Oh yeah! You may want to turn on auto save for this if you want to keep the file for some reason.

1. Make at least 3 layers. 1 group layer, and 2 vector layers. of course, you need a shape for each vector layer.

2. Put those 2 layers in a group layer, and go to frame 1

3. Click the Group layer, then go to "Animation" in the Menu, and click "Add Keyframe".

4. Make sure All layers are selected, or all check boxes are checked under the stopwatch in the layer panel, so that they display on the timeline. Make sure your Group layer is your primary layer selected (or the "brightest").

5. Select and copy all keyframes EXCEPT your primary layer that's selected (which should be your group).

6. Next Paste them on some random place on your timeline.

Note at this point, it seems nothing happens. I'll get back to this point later.

7. On your timeline, click to select a random layer name to try to change the layer. Congratulations! You are now frozen!.... Not the movie.

It's funny how I found this. At first I noticed when I tried to edit multiple layers on the timeline that keyframes weren't copying or pasting anything on the timeline. At first, I was thinking there was a limitation on how it edit keyframes...I had different types of layers I wanted to copy and paste all at once. Later on, I noticed It wasn't working because I wasn't editing my Primary selected layer. After I noticed this, I was going to post in general and ask was this intentional, but later found out that it destroyed my file. Not the file I thats part of my project, but the file I just showed you above.

I did this about 7 times just be be sure. No joke!
synthsin75

Re: I think I found the problem. Multiple layer timeline edi

Post by synthsin75 »

This will be fixed in the 12.1 update when it is released.

This wouldn't harm the file.