Keyframes won't stay on their own timeline

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gdub

Keyframes won't stay on their own timeline

Post by gdub »

I've noticed in Moho 12, when animating, the keyframes go on the same timeline, instead of being independent of each other.
In other works when I select entities such as points or bones, the selected timeline will show keyframes from other entities that shouldn't be there.
This doesn't happen in Anime Studio 11. Is this a bug? or is there a setting to keep the keyframes separate from each other.
Greenlaw

Re: Keyframes won't stay on their own timeline

Post by Greenlaw »

That sounds odd. I'm not seeing that here. For example, I only see bones keys when I select a bones layer, or switch keys when I select a switch layer.

Do you have multiple layers selected? Moho 12 is capable to show keys for multiple layers but only if want it to.

The only other thing I can think of is that you may have Timeline Visibility enabled for those other layers you don't want to see in the timeline. If you see a column with a stopwatch icon and some layers are checked in that column, that shows the keys for those layers in the timeline even when those layers are not currently selected. To hide those layers, you need to uncheck the visibility column for them. (To save space, I usually have that column hidden unless I need to use this feature.)

Otherwise, can you post a screen cap of what you're seeing?
Last edited by Greenlaw on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
gdub

Post by gdub »

Image For instance, if I select a bone, the selected time line, which is red, will show a key frame for that bone.
If I select a different bone at a different point in the timeline, both bones will show up on the red selected time line.
There should only be one key frame on each selected time line (the red time line).
If I have a cycle running on one bone, then select a different bone further up in the time line, that second bone will actually disrupt the cycle from the first bone.
Last edited by gdub on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Are you using the manipulate bone tool on an IK chain? That tool does key all bones in a chain.

EDIT: Wait a second. Do you have Auto-freeze keys enabled at the top of the timeline?
gdub

Post by gdub »

Auto-freeze was selected. I unchecked it, and now it seems to be working Okay.
Thank you very much for replying, and the suggestion.