Mac lag - CPU used 100% - Beachball

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

formxshape

Mac lag - CPU used 100% - Beachball

Post by formxshape »

So I've been working on an animation scene, fairly simple rigged character, using bones and pin bones.
Everything drawn in vectors. Using a Mac with 10.10.5

Everything has been fine until about 7 seconds into the animation... and now when I go into the Manipulate Bone Tool (T) I get the Mac beachball spinning mouse cursor. Mac's Activity monitor shows that Moho suddenly starts taking up 100% of the CPU. This lasts for 10 or 15 seconds, a short break for a second or so (during which time if I'm lucky I can switch to another tool, bone select for example) and then spinning cursor again. ad infinity. This is all while not actually pressing mouse button or moving any bones/pin bones, just having the tool selected.

So I guess a bug in the code - something being called and clogging up the CPU?

I've only had this issue with this project file, and only now I've got 7ish seconds into the animation.

What to do, it's now unworkable...
formxshape

Re: Mac lag - CPU used 100% - Beachball

Post by formxshape »

also to note, once I do manage to click on a pin bone and move it, if i keep mouse cursored press and move bone around there's no spinning beachball 100% CPU action... untilI release cursor.

Perhaps a bug in the code that highlights bones red as you move mouse cursor over them?
formxshape

Re: Mac lag - CPU used 100% - Beachball

Post by formxshape »

Have tried opening a new document, and importing in my character. Same problem as above.
And also deleting all keyframes, same problem as above.

Seems like my character + rig has corrupted?

Anything else I could try to fix it - Really don't want to re do all my animation.
Or redo it and encounter the same problem again.