MOHO Fatal error -2023

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

shift

MOHO Fatal error -2023

Post by shift »

I searched the forum for this error but I have not found any topics created about it.

I am running Moho 12.2 on an
Acer V3-575T-7008
Intel Core i7-6500u 2.5ghz with turbo boost up to 3.1 ghz
Intel HD Graphics 520
4GB DDR3 L Memory
1TB HDD
Windows 10

I had to do a force restart on my laptop because the laptop would not come up from sleep. An issue the Acers have. I have done this many times and MOHO always works and recovers well. This time however it did not. When I restarted the computer MOHO asked me to re-activate with my previous and upgrade serials. I did that and then I got a message saying "Fatal error -2023, reinstalling the software will fix the problem"

Steps taken in order:
1. I restarted the machine and tried Moho again.
2. I uninstalled Moho
3. Reinstalled Moho
*Problem persisted
4. Reinstalled Moho without uninstalling
*It detected a previous version of moho and uninstalled it automatically.
5. Started Moho and received the same "error -2023 reinstall will fix this problem message"
6. I searched the registry for MOHO but I don't know what they values should be so no idea what to do if that is the problem

I have emailed support but I have not received a reply yet. I literally have a project due tomorrow and I am unable to work. Does anyone know the solution to this?
venomdj2011

Re: MOHO Fatal error -2023

Post by venomdj2011 »

i have the same problem, does any one know how to fix this?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Just a few ideas:

Maybe there's corrupt data that needs to be manually removed? Check the Program folder and the hidden AppData folder, and other system areas for leftover files that the uninstaller may have missed.

Also, try installing Moho Pro 12.4. Moho 12.2 had some issues that were fixed in later version.

You might also try going into your online account and force deactviations all your Moho activations so you can start from scratch. (Normally, Moho only allows 3.)

Hope you get this figured out.
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

I'm having the same problem. Customer just says "try reinstalling". I told them I've tried this repeatedly. After that....crickets. The demo Moho 13 seems to work, but of course you can't export.

Customer support says I've already used my upgrade coupon (I removed it from my cart), so I'm forced to pay full price.

This is insane.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »