Failed to parse JSON document

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rrahh

Failed to parse JSON document

Post by rrahh »

Hey there,

i used to rely on Moho´s recovery function, which worked pretty good until (maybe) my last update (12.2 Pro).
But now, when i restart Moho after a crash, i get the following error message:

Could not open file.
Error details: Failed to parse JSON document

Anyone any Ideas?
Greenlaw

Re: Failed to parse JSON document

Post by Greenlaw »

I think there's something wrong with Auto Save in 12.2, so don't rely on it. When it works, it's great, but this version seems to generate corrupted files too often for me. Check the file size of your recovery: it's probably zero k.

I used to have Auto Save enabled all the time but I leave it off now. Hopefully, they'll fix it soon or perhaps improve it with an incremental auto save.

For me, Auto Save was always a secondary backup anyway. To be safe, I manually make a lot of incremental saves throughout the day. That's always been far more reliable. I saw Auto Save as a convenient extra layer of protection, but it's became less so lately.

At work, we also have Windows Previous Versions enabled. I think we have it scheduled to save a version every hour, and a single version every day for a week. That's saved my butt a few times too. I don't use this feature at home but thinking maybe I should.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
rrahh

Re: Failed to parse JSON document

Post by rrahh »

Damn, it worked pretty well since the last two or so versions. So i got used to it.
Back to saving every tiny step...

I really hope they will fix it with the next update.