Sub-frame Motion Blur bug - bluring the 1st frame

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

thewalkerd

Sub-frame Motion Blur bug - bluring the 1st frame

Post by thewalkerd »

Hi, this is not a major issue (since I'm able to delete the 1st frame after rendering), but since it looks like a bug, I'm here reporting it.

I've tested rendering the animation in mp4 and PNG sequence, and the 1st frame in the rendered animation is the frame 01 in Moho, as it should be. The problem is that, when activating Sub-frame Motion Blur, the 1st frame of the rendered animation gets blury, due to influece from frame zero (that shoudn't influence at all, since frame 00 is a "creation mode", and not part of the animation).

So, with Blur activated, all layers afected by the blur are shown blury on frame 01, due to a "motion-blur interpolation" from frame 00 to frame 01.
I'm linking images showing the problem on rendered animation below:

1st frame - Sub-frame Motion Blur ON:
https://imgur.com/8oumLWe

1st frame - Disabled Motion blur:
https://imgur.com/a/gic4C

Thanks for cheking the topic.
Last edited by thewalkerd on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Re: Sub-frame Motion Blur - bluring the first frame

Post by Greenlaw »

I haven't checked that but it sounds about right. I get the same issue in 3D programs unless I keyframe the scene at or before frame zero. Generally speaking, the software needs to know where the motion is coming from in a previous keyframe to motion blur it.

For Moho, I think the easiest thing to do is to offset the animation. For example, start at a later frame and then use Sequencer to push the 'start' of the animation past 0.

Alternatively, sometimes, I'll start my render range at 101 so I can use 100 as my non-rendering previous key.

Obviously, that's not ideal. I wish Moho would let us scroll past zero like how some other animation programs do. This could be useful when setting up particles and dynamics where you might want to 'preroll' the animation.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thewalkerd

Re: Sub-frame Motion Blur bug - bluring the 1st frame

Post by thewalkerd »

hum... I see, thanks, I'll try doing that. Bad to know that it aparently has no fix yet though.. ..hope that they fix this in the future