MOHO12 layer issue

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Toontycoon

MOHO12 layer issue

Post by Toontycoon »

Hi i dont seem to make any new layers either in MOHO pro 12 or anime studio pro 11.I am tryig to click the new layer,image etc but it just clicks the dropdown menu of vector,omage,boneand all dont come.Please help me in this bug.
pkscomix

Re: MOHO12 layer issue

Post by pkscomix »

I am currently having the same problem. Does Anybody on this Forum know how to fix this?! You can not use the software at all without the use of the add layer button!
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

are you frame 0? if you're not and you have edit/preferences/tools "enable drawing tools only on frame 0" set then you won't see things like create vector layer / add points / etc
pkscomix

Post by pkscomix »

In my case the entire add layer dropdown menu does not even come up when I click the add layer button and I am on frame 0. Do you think there is a preference setting that I need to reset? Or could there be a shortcut to add layers?
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

pkscomix wrote:In my case the entire add layer dropdown menu does not even come up when I click the add layer button and I am on frame 0. Do you think there is a preference setting that I need to reset? Or could there be a shortcut to add layers?
that's more than very strange! do the other buttons in the layer window work? (duplicate / copy by ref ...) A screenshot might help!

Have you tried creating a new file?

You can add a keyboard shortcut: edit / edit keyboard shortcuts - first create a new shortcuts file; then scroll to Window:Layers and choose a shortcut for new vector layer

or maybe re-install Moho?!

sorry not to have a more concrete answer - I've not encountered the situation you describe!
pkscomix

Post by pkscomix »

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm not sure how to load a screenshot here.All the buttons next to the add layer work fine.
It is very strange that only this icon button is the only one does not work. I have
been in touch with smith micro and they are trying to help me, but I have already tried reinstalling and reactivating my
licence with them. I will try what you said with the shortcut idea. Thanks anyway for you assistance.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Do have some other software running that is stealing focus from Moho? That would definitely kill any non-persistent dropdowns.
Can you use the layer comps dropdown?
pkscomix

Post by pkscomix »

Layer comps button does seem to be working. Really strange that the most important button in the software is not working.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Are you using a touch screen or a mouse/touch pad?
pkscomix

Post by pkscomix »

I use my graphics tablet and no touch screen.
pkscomix

Post by pkscomix »

I have just discovered something right now! The new layer icon doesn't seem to work when the layer is docked, but when it is undocked from the side of the screen the dropdown menu then does work allowing me to add any layers I want. Still does not explain why it doesn't when it is docked but at least now I can create animations.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

What if you resize the entire Moho window while the layers window is docked?
pkscomix

Post by pkscomix »

I finally found out about the layer issue I had and it turned out not to be anything wrong with the program.
I have my desktop computer hooked up to my large screen tv via an HDMI cable. I sometimes stream
films on my tv through the web browser. What my windows 10 system does is change my display setting
on my computer to "Extend these displays" so I can view the web browser on the tv screen instead of the
computer screen. Well apparently windows also extends the moho screen some kind of way and even
though I had the moho screen on my computer when I would click the add layer icon it would not show
my layer options but what it was actually doing was showing the options on my big screen tv. I was
able to change the windows display settings to show on 1 screen only and the program worked just
fine with the layer options finally showing on my computer screen. I told this to smith micro support and
they did ask me previously had I been running on multiple screens. It was great to discover this on my own
and to find out there is nothing wrong with my software. I wanted to post this just in case anyone else
might run into this problem if they have a computer or laptop connected to another display device.