Moho 13 vs 12.5, preview quality loss?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

kimandreasjohansson

Re: Moho 13 vs 12.5, preview quality loss?

Post by kimandreasjohansson » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:31 pm

Really good screen shots you have there, it shows the problem perfectly! Looks like this could be affecting all or at least lots of mac users so good to let the developers know that it is a wide spread problem. I´ll do this as well.
Visual artist based in Sweden.

imac 5K (2017) 3.4 ghz i5, radeon pro 570, 16 gb ram
macbook pro13 (2014) 2.6 ghz i5, intel iris 8 gb ram
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:11 pm

kimandreasjohansson wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:31 pm
Really good screen shots you have there, it shows the problem perfectly! Looks like this could be affecting all or at least lots of mac users so good to let the developers know that it is a wide spread problem. I´ll do this as well.
I hope there's a fix, I can't wait to start using Moho 13 and finally try the new bitmap brushes (with their true quality). For the time being it's parked, and I continue with 12.5
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:32 pm

I enquired with Support about this. They acknowledge the problem. It's apparently due to changes in the Mac OS support for OpenGL. I asked if there'll be a fix, they say it will be addressed but can't say when. I don't know how much this affects other Mac users or how many find this problem an obstacle. To me, it makes the v. 13 upgrade completely unusable. I can't animate or take on any serious project if graphics are previewed in such poor quality, and rendering often just for the sake of seeing what I'm doing is not a serious option.
Quite an anticlimax, as I was actually thrilled at the idea of using the new bitmap features. Luckily, I still have good old 12.5.