Moho 13 corrupt file

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dondo

Moho 13 corrupt file

Post by dondo »

Mac OS X - Moho 13.0.0.0, build 545 - 64 bit

So we hired an awesome graphic artist and upgraded to Moho 13. She was working on creating a new character rig with no imported graphics, just vector art created within Moho. Everything was going great, but then moho crashed (details below) and we got the dreaded "Failed to parse JSON document" error and the file went to zero bytes. Ok, boo. Fortunately we're using Dropbox to share between computers, and DropBox saves prior versions, so we rolled back to a prior version... and now we can open the file, edit it, but when we try to save the file Moho crashes. Even if we don't do any editing, trying to save it crashes Moho.

WTF?

We've tried:
1. Turning off autosave
2. Reinstalling Moho (though we didn't mess with the Library files)
3. Going back - way back - in time and trying again

No joy. Meanwhile, every other file seems fine; we can open, edit, save, rinse, repeat. Any idea what might be going on? I'm mystified why a prior version of the file that was saved successfully can't now be saved.
synthsin75

Re: Moho 13 corrupt file

Post by synthsin75 »

If you want to PM me the file, I can investigate if it has anything that could be causing the problem...maybe even edit the file format text to avoid it.
dondo

Post by dondo »

I uploaded the file and sent you a PM, looking forward to any help you can offer.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I haven't sorted out why it happens, but I have managed to get the file to successfully save in v13, without crashing. I opened in in v12.5, saved, reopened it in v13, and saved again. Saving it through v12.5 seems to have corrected whatever was wrong. I'll compare the files to see if I can find the issue.
dondo

Post by dondo »

You sir, are a veritable god amongst us. Do you walk upon water? Do you on occasion animate that water into wine? Humbly our worship we offer to you, should you wish it. Should you need it. Yeah verily, we do offer it. :)

Rinsing it through 12.5 has recovered the file. Thank you, synthsin75!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Aw shucks. :oops: