Invisible Library

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Karl Toon

Invisible Library

Post by Karl Toon »

I have reported this as a bug, but was wondering if anyone has a workaround. When I click to open the library, either from the library icon or through the menu system, the library seems to open as it appears on the taskbar, but there is no corresponding window. It's as though it's invisible. Anyone else come across this. I am running 13.0.1 and would rather not do a re-installation. Cheers.
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
synthsin75

Re: Invisible Library

Post by synthsin75 »

You probably moved it off screen.

If you're on Windows, you can find the settings file here: C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Roaming\Smith Micro\Moho Pro\13\Moho Pro13.user.settings
With Moho closed, open that file in Notepad, find the line that starts with "NewLibraryWnd_location", and change the following numbers to "0 0".
Launch Moho and open the library.
Karl Toon

Post by Karl Toon »

Well spotted synthsin75; you are pretty close. I was just coming on here to say I'd spotted the problem when I saw your post. I have a system running four monitors; one of which is a graphics tablet. I turned the tablet on, and "hey presto", my library had been lurking there all the time. As the great Homer would say, "Doh!". Or, as the other Homer said in the Iliad, "Every fool learns something once it hits him."
"If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remember that this whole thing was started with a dream and a mouse." - Walt E. Disney
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I don't know if this helps in your case but sometimes a Moho window will get moved too far 'north' to where I can no longer grab the title bar to move the window. To get it back down, I found that if I close the window from the menus and reopen it, the window will shift lower on screen to where I can grab it again.

Usually this takes only one closing and re-opening but on a rare occasion I might have to do this a couple of times to get the window to drop down low enough.