Color Picker in the Style is offset (MH13.02)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SimplSam

Color Picker in the Style is offset (MH13.02)

Post by SimplSam »

I have 2 installations of MOHO 13.02 (multi-screen desktop and single screen laptop) and on both the Color Picker pipette in the Style menu (and elsewhere) has x,y offset and does not pick from the correct screen area.

It sometimes corrects itself, but I have yet to determine how or why ...

Is anyone else seeing this?

p.s. The Bitmap round magnify color selector and the Eyedropper (L) in the tool panel work as expected. Also Color Picker pipette still works properly in MH12.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
SimplSam

Re: Color Picker in the Style is offset (MH13.02)

Post by SimplSam »

OK... I found the problemo.

Both of my affected screens are scaled up on the Windows Display settings (for bigger fonts etc.), and it would appear that MH13.02 style color picker does not interpret & respect the display scaling correctly. When I set the screens to 100% scaling the picker works as expected.

My 'Laptop' device is a (Acer) Microsoft Surface rip-off and has display scaling of 150% by default - similar to default scaling on most Surface devices. So I would imagine that this would be an issue for most MH13.02 Surface users.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Yeah! Sadly this is a known issue -- the dev team tell me that they're looking at ways to sort this! If I hear more I'll let you know.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, some artists where I work had issues where they couldn't click on certain parts of the UI in the timeline, and I think it turned out to be a Windows scaling problem. (This was with Moho 12.5, not 13.)

On my personal laptop and on my Cintiq Companion 2 (a 13-inch tablet computer), I eventually disabled scaling and dropped the screen res to 1920 x 1080 to avoid such problems in Moho and in other programs. It's not a ideal solution but at least the programs have behaved more predictably.