Moho 12.5 Faile to parse JSON document

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Cramp_Chump

Moho 12.5 Faile to parse JSON document

Post by Cramp_Chump »

Hello guys. I have that corrupted file and I need help with this. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yKIBB ... n32BbjrCcr
It's soooooo frustrating. Moho Pro working with RAM in a strange way. Just flooding it all. Horror of my day.
Recovery thing was turned off.
synthsin75

Re: Moho 12.5 Faile to parse JSON document

Post by synthsin75 »

Sorry, that file is 0 bytes. There's nothing in it.
Cramp_Chump

Post by Cramp_Chump »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:28 pm Sorry, that file is 0 bytes. There's nothing in it.
Yes, thanks (((. I was creating that rig and checking on the panel of my Windows system just how Moho overflooding RAM. When it was critical near 8000 mb the program was stopped and the file damaged. Near two days of my work was flushed in toilet. For now I have two very important questions: how the universe was born and why Moho overflooding RAM. As I understand there is problem in lua language for the first place but I am not a programmist. Just want to beleave that developers can patch this horrific bug.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

This won't help you at this stage but I always save an incremental version of a project (_01, _02, etc.) after I've made a significant change. For example, I may have 30 or more versions of a project file before it's considered finished. This way, whenever I have to regress to an earlier version or need recover lost data, I never lose more than a few minutes to a couple of hours of work. To prevent too much clutter in a directory, I keep an '_old' folder in the project folder where I drag older files...but I do keep every version of a project until the job is done, shipped, and I'm certain it's never coming back for changes.

I also use Moho's recovery feature. It's actually pretty reliable in 12.5 most of the time, and when it works, it picks up right where I left off before a crash. But I don't like to solely rely on this feature (for the reason you just discovered.)

At work, we go one step further by using Window's built-in Previous Versions feature. This feature saves a version of a directory every hour, and keeps the backup versions for at least a week. This feature has saved my butt many times. But even with this protection, I still manually save many incremental versions of what I'm working on.

BTW, this is not something I only do when working in Moho, I follow this practice for every program I use. Trust me, it's less stressful to work on a computer this way. :)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cramp_Chump

Post by Cramp_Chump »

Greenlaw wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:49 pm This won't help you at this stage but I always save an incremental version of a project after I've made a significant change. For example, I may have 30 or more versions of a project file before it's considered finished. This way, whenever I have to regress to an earlier version or need recover lost data, I never lose more than a few minutes to a couple of hours of work. To prevent too much clutter in a directory, I keep an '_old' folder in the project folder where I drag older files...but I do keep every version of a project until the job is done, shipped, and I'm certain it's never coming back for changes.

I also use Moho's recovery feature. It's actually pretty reliable in 12.5 most of the time, and when it works, it picks up right where I left off before a crash. But I don't like to solely rely on this feature (for the reason you just discovered.)

At work, we go one step further by using Window's built-in Previous Versions feature. This feature saves a version of a directory every hour, and keeps the backup versions for at least a week. This feature has saved my but many times. But even with this protection, I still manually save many incremental versions of what I'm working on.

BTW, this is not something I only do when working in Moho, I follow this practice for every program I use. Trust me, it's less stressful to work on a computer this way. :)
Thanks man. I know all of that stuff. Previos version feature doesn't work in my sys - need to understand why. Also I checked off automatic recovery becouse of more often shotdowns of the Moho. I'll be more careful nex time. It's hard lesson OMG. :oops:
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Cramp_Chump wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:15 pm ...For now I have two very important questions: how the universe was born and why Moho overflooding RAM. As I understand there is problem in lua language for the first place but I am not a programmist. Just want to beleave that developers can patch this horrific bug.
FWIW the memory leak issue has been reported but is not yet marked as fixed … viewtopic.php?f=18&t=31760#p180955
Cramp_Chump

Post by Cramp_Chump »

hayasidist wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:13 pm
Cramp_Chump wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:15 pm ...For now I have two very important questions: how the universe was born and why Moho overflooding RAM. As I understand there is problem in lua language for the first place but I am not a programmist. Just want to beleave that developers can patch this horrific bug.
FWIW the memory leak issue has been reported but is not yet marked as fixed … viewtopic.php?f=18&t=31760#p180955
Thanks. But I can't read this thread. I'm not authorised.