Tutorial Bug or Feature?

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Roy

Tutorial Bug or Feature?

Post by Roy »

Hi, As suggested I followed through the tutorials. The section where you import frank and add a skeleton caused me some problems. I did everything right, but when pressing manipulate bones, frank did not move. I found that if I put one of the trees into franks place (dragged in as a sub branch of skeleton) that animated ok. I found I had to select all franks points and press 'flexi bind points'.

My Frank looked slightly different to the tutorial, it occurs to me that maybe 'my frank' is from a version earlier to 5?

Not sure why this happened. Frank was imported, the tree was created manually (as described in the tutorial). This may seem a small point to raise, but I can see if frustrating brand new users.

Thanks for a superb program, I have been telling lots of people about it!

Roy.
Errr. Um.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Did you install Moho 5 on top of an older version? If so, you probably had a leftover copy of "Tutorial Extras.moho". The old version resides here:

.../Moho/Tutorials/Tutorial Extras.moho

The new version that the tutorial asked you to use should be here:

.../Moho/Tutorials/1 - Basics/Tutorial Extras.moho

If you have an old copy still around, and you got Frank out of that, that would explain the bone problem, as well as why he looks different from the manual's pictures.
Roy

Post by Roy »

Ah- Yes, there is a 'tutorial extras' in the root of tutorials, and the new one is in 1-basics. Thanks, newbies obviosly wont have this problem.
Errr. Um.