Bone dynamics go crazy!

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Marieke

Bone dynamics go crazy!

Post by Marieke »

I'm animating some animals, and thought it would be nice to use bone dynamics on ears and tails.
BUT: whatever i type in the torque force, spring force etc. fields, the bones completely go crazy! They move so extremely wild and uncontroled, that for example the tails look more like electric sparkles than a tail flapping around... The bones are in a complete other position every frame, no matter what i fill in for torque, spring of damping force. It makes no difference.
Tried filling in the numbers on frame 0, on frame 1, before animating the animal, after animating the animal... nothing helps... so now i'm animating the tails and ears myself.
But if there's a tip on how to get this working ... please reply, cause i like the option very much. IF it works as it should...
BA

Post by BA »

don't trust the editing view.

dynamic bones always seem to be going crazy when you're editing... but this is not necessarily the way they'll behave when rendered.

render a preview to see how they REALLY move...
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
Marieke

Post by Marieke »

They DO move like crazy in the rendered animation...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Marieke wrote:They DO move like crazy in the rendered animation...
so you must reconsider the torque, spring and damping rate.
it has been always difficult to me.
box

Post by box »

Hi Marieke,
I can verify your Problem. While I agree with selgin that in a normal case bone dynamics can behave strange suddenly when used with wrong values, there is also a real Problem. I have these crazy dynamics here in my Model, too, regardless what kind of values I am entering.
I tested a simple character with similar values and it worked well.
So maybe the problem is due to the complexity of the character, with nested Groups, bones and switches.

As for now, I must acknowledge that dynamics are in a beta stage and not really reliable or helpful.
If anyone wants to examine my file please write me and I send it to you...