update 5.04 problems

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Barry Baker

update 5.04 problems

Post by Barry Baker »

I just downloaded 5.04 and copied it across to my Moho folder, and now I can't open any of my scenes! Moho crashes as soon as I try to open anything and exits.

Now I'm cursing myself, because I already deleted the 5.03 update which was working fine, and I'll have to go back to 5.02 (which I still found a copy of on my hard drive) - but I've already been using the new 5.03 Z-buffer feature in my latest scenes - so I'm stuck!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

I still have a zipped copy of 5.0.3 -- let me know what your emai is, and I'll mail it to you...

jah
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

Thanks jahnocli, I just discovered that Lost Marble still have 5.0.3 stored on their site, and by amending the address bar before downloading, I could get 5.0.3 instead of 5.0.4 - sneaky, but it worked!

Still don't know why the new update won't work though :( I'm working on a PC running Windows XP professional (with service pack 1 installed, if that makes a difference). I'll have to try it on my PC at home when I get there (Windows 2000 Pro) and see if it runs on that.
PhilR2004

Bugs everywhere...

Post by PhilR2004 »

Dang. I also ran into the same problems, not just this bug that was found, but the other bug reports that have been posted upon this board about 5.0.4!

A patch or something should be released, fixing or eliminating these bugs..because, I never actually expected bugs to come up so early in a release.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Sorry about all the problems - 5.0.4 has a couple serious ones. 5.0.5 is being built right now and will be released as soon as possible.