Offset problems in 5.3, but not in 5.0 or 5.4

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nobudget

Offset problems in 5.3, but not in 5.0 or 5.4

Post by nobudget »

Maybe this is fixed, but it is not mentioned in the update history. I created a character in v5.0, it displays without problems in any version but renders wrong in v5.3.

Screenshots are available here:
http://nobudgetvideo.com/moho_bug/

Since I did not see any mention of this problem it might not be officially repaired in 5.4 so I wanted to tell you about it so v.5.5 doesn't repeat this issue...

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Are you sure this was a problem in 5.0.3, or were you using the test fix we released to improve layers shadows? This test release was only talked about in one of the forums here - it was not an official release.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Looks like the shadow update version, the version number in the about was 5.0.3 but I got it from the moho_shadow_update.zip file.

Just curious, any idea what caused this behaviour?

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

nobudget wrote:Just curious, any idea what caused this behaviour?
Yes - the layer shadow/shading fix was not really done. It was a quick test fix to see if it would be feasible, but it did that offset thing when you used a shadow or shading on a layer that was inside a group or bone layer.

5.0.5 (and 5.0.4) improves layer shadows without the offset weirdness side-effect.