Region binding bones.

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mason

Region binding bones.

Post by mason »

I don't know how to describe this problem other than by saying that certain layers grouped with a bone layer will not be affected by the bones. I've tried deleting the bone layer and setting up the bones again, but the wings of my pigeon are the only layers that will ever be affected by the bones.

http://www.staugler.net/pigeon_bones.moho - That's my moho file. You'll see that pigeon 2 scene 1 works fine, but the other one doesn't.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

First a question: were parts of the pigeon originally created in Moho 4?

The problem here is that the body, legs, and closed wings of the pigeon are not affected by bones. This could be caused by one of the following:

* These body parts were originally drawn in an older version of Moho. When imported into Moho 5, they may not have been set up for automatic bone binding.

* You may have (accidentally maybe) un-bound these parts from the bones. For example, if you selected all the points in the body layer and then used the Bone->Release Points menu command, it would cause them to become detatched from any bones.

* You may have at one point bound these points manually to a bone that no longer exists, using the Bind Points tool. If you later deleted that bone, then the points would be left orphans, bound to nothing.

And here's how to fix it:

For each affected layer (body, closed wings, feet), select all the points in that layer, and then use the Bone->Flexi-Bind Points menu command. The points will start moving with the bones again.

By the way, thanks for posting a link to the file - it makes it much easier to answer questions like this.
mason

Post by mason »

I can't remember if I first drew some of those layers in Moho 4...it's possible. In any case, what you suggested worked just fine. Thank you (and sorry for putting this in the bugs forum..:)).