My feature wish list

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

synthsin75

My feature wish list

Post by synthsin75 »

1) A translate bones tool that works the same as it does on frame zero on any other frame. I.e. grab the tip to scale/rotate & the pivot to translate.
2) Parenting that actually imparts a constraint input (global change). Or any degree of parenting and constraining actually interacting, other than unexpectedly.
3) A constraint menu that has a) scale and position constraint limit like it has for angle, b) the option to choose which output is constrained to which input. I.e. I'd be able to select a bone for the scale constraint like we can now, but then I'd also be able to select which manipulation (trans, scale, rotate) this scaling would get its value from.
4)As many animated features as possible.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

synthsin75 wrote:4)As many animated features as possible.
What...exactly...does this mean?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

It means there are many attributes or properties that can't be animated. I agree with that one. Anything that can be changed on frame 0 should be able to be keyed or animated anywhere in the time line.

-vern
fiziwig

Post by fiziwig »

Everyone probably already knows this, but I discovered that turning bone dynamics on and off is animated, although the numerical setting are not.

--gary
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Anything that can be changed on frame 0 should be able to be keyed or animated anywhere in the time line.
Exactly.
Today I was thinking that I'd also like to be able to lock a bone to another bone instead of being stuck with locking it to its global position.