Line thickness Magnet tool

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Manu

Line thickness Magnet tool

Post by Manu »

At the moment, the only way to control line thickness is on individual points only.

It would be great to have a tool that would change line thickness over an area with falloff. Or maybe it could work with point-count (eg. 5 points both ways from the currently selected point), again with a falloff.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

That would be cool. This could be scripted. No promises maybe someone else wants to take it on.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

That script tool already exists. I've see it before. Ask selgin :wink:
Manu

Post by Manu »

Wow, we really need a dedicated scripts webpage don't we? Unless you check these forums every day, it's impossible to know which scripts exist or not.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?mddiing1n55
Here you go Manu. This is the script you want.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

yes, that's the tool.
you have good memory, don't you genete? :)

it is a ramon's script, another spanish guy which used to visit the forum

Here is the thread where the tool was originally posted.

however, maybe this tool need a little improvement, it becomes hard to work with it sometimes.
Genete

Post by Genete »

he he
not more than yours! ;-)
Manu

Post by Manu »

Thanks for the reply, Selgin. Looks like a handy little script

I think I will make the tool a bit less responsive, slow it down a bit. At the moment it's easy to overshoot and end up with ludicrously thick lines or see your lines disappear altogether.
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

You mean Genete and Ramon are not the same person? Ramon desappeared around the time Genete joinned the forum.
"and then Man created god!"
Genete

Post by Genete »

F.M. wrote:You mean Genete and Ramon are not the same person? Ramon disappeared around the time Genete joined the forum.
uh? ;)
mkelley

Post by mkelley »

It's kind of like how you never see Bill Pullman and Bill Paxton in the same movie.
human

Post by human »

Genete,

They are joking with you.

Time to laugh...!
Genete

Post by Genete »

Ramón López would have wrote:LOL, :arrow:I thought you never discover me:!::!::!::!: :P ...... But listen:!: ...... ;-) I still Alive and will never left this forum!!! :lol: :arrow: and THANK YOU!!, THANK YOU!!!!, THANK YOU!!! LM for this AMAZING program!!.
Hey! you know me... I have a feature request! listen :arrow: Woud it be possible that you to create a shape automatically based on the soundtrack and change its position over a randomly position by using actions?. :roll: If you MR LM release that it would be A M A Z I N G :!::!::!::!::!::!:...... Cout it be scripted :?: :rool:
And THANKS! Bye!
:wink:
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Ha ha! That is SO good!!!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I just spit coffee through my nose and then fell off my chair in a fit of uncontrolled laughter.

You made my day Genete... you also NAILED Ramón's posting style perfectly except for one small thing:
Ramón López would have wrote:LOL, :arrow:I thought you never discover me:!::!::!::!: :P ...... But listen:!: ...... ;-) I still Alive and will never left this forum!!! :lol: :arrow: and THANK YOU!!, THANK YOU!!!!, THANK YOU!!! LM for this AMAZING program!!.
Hey! you know me... I have a feature request! listen :arrow: Woud it be possible that you to create a shape automatically based on the soundtrack like this and change its position over a randomly position by using actions?. :roll: If you MR LM release that it would be A M A Z I N G :!::!::!::!::!::!:...... Cout it be scripted :?: :rool:
And THANKS! Bye!
-vern