See keys of all layers at same time & Velocity control

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

stefman

See keys of all layers at same time & Velocity control

Post by stefman »

I want to profit of this thread for making requests for the features I would need most in Anime Studio.

1. A timeline where you can see the keys of all the layers (or of selected layers at the same time.)

With the possibility to show consolisated keys:

and unconsolidates keys.

Of course, these examples are not the most space economizing solutions.
The sequencer layers could be much thiner or even be left separated in the Sequencer. What I need most is the possibility to see all the keys at the same time.

Furthermore, it would be great if each layer with children would show the children's layers keys when the child layers are hidden/folded.

2. More possibilties to modify velocities.

My problem is that I find that the default interpolation modes are not precise enough and do not yet allow a really finetuned animation.

"Easing In" is starting slowly and getting faster the more you are far from the starting key. This is not exact enough, as different degrees of decelaration can create very different velocities for interpolations which all belong to the category "eased in".

I would like to have the possibility to influence deceleration by enterring values.
e.g. 1 = weak deceleration (starts quiet slowly), 10 = strong deceleration (starts very slowly).
(This is a feature which has been in Flash for many years.)

That what I am looking for would influence the graph like this:

1.Image2.Image3.Image4.Image

In certain cases the images show graphs that can already be created with the default velocity parametres.

Image 1 is a Linear interpolation.

Image 2 resembles an Ease In, but is it much stronger than the default one in AS, because the Ease In value is at its maximum (10).

Image 3 resembles an Ease Out, but is it much stronger than the default one in AS, because the Ease Out value is at its maximum (10).

Image 4 is a Smooth interpolation.

And now,imagine the all the nuances you could get by choosing not so extreme values (all the rest between 0 and 10).
This would help making velocities much more subtil.

I don't request bezier handles for the graph in this post!!! This would be a great feature as well. But, what I'm looking for is a feature which would allow to easily apply the same velocity to several layers at the same time. And I think that this would be more practical to do by entering values than with a general bezier curve.

Cheers,

stefman
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

That motion graph looks awesome.

Want. Please.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Uuup! :)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

totally agree. But I think that -to keep things more clear- on sequencer we should see the consolidated keyframes of the layer and all its children. All in one key. And for details, you go to the normal timeline.

another cool adition would be to have a keyboard shortcut to consolidate/unconsolidate keyframes on normal timeline. Maybe this could be done right now with scripting, who knows? :roll:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Jasp! The "Uuup!" thing worked :D

...Yeah, I know what you mean, that all that info available at a time can be like too much info... at a time... But, OTOH, sometimes can be necessary to be able to differentiate what thing is keyed in a certain frame, so I wonder if, at least, instead consolidate aaall the layer channels into only one (that could result in too much simplification and still too much hidden info) wouldn't be better consolidate it for groups or something like that, I mean, one channel for ALL the layer keys (translation, scale, rotation, etc...), another one for all the shape keys, other for all the points, bones, and so... And finally, maybe instead have to deal with ten, twenty, thirty or forty animation channels per layer occupying almost all the timeline... we would have, luckily, one, two, three or four... with some more info for our benefit than with a totally consolidated layer...

Hmmm... well, I have just thought on it, so I hope it makes sense :roll: