Shape editing...

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lumarama

Shape editing...

Post by lumarama »

I like AS shape editing approach in general. So I don't want to have these Photoshop-like anchors to edit curve roundness. But I don't like that circle is distorted when I add additional point to it.

Basically I think that the shape should remain unchanged when you add additional points to it.

Another good feature is to combine selection and point move tools. I fact you can selet new point in move tool. But you cant select more than 1 point. If you want this you should go to point selection tool to select multiple points then switch back to point move tool. This is not very convinient.
abou123

Post by abou123 »

I agree!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

About editing points, try searching fazek's tools.
About curvature, I suppose it's a more complex problem than avoiding a circle to distort. It has to do with the way AS vectors works and I'm not sure if this could be solved anyway.
Meanwhile, you can select your circle points and go to scripts>draw>split curve. It adds points on all the circle without distorting the shape.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

As selgin suggest, it can be done with scripts.

At 3:30 sec on this tutorial, Mike shows how to add points w/o distorting the image.

http://vimeo.com/6272103

Oh, btw, this is for Anime Studio Pro, debut lacks the script tab.
Last edited by sbtamu on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

scripts/draw/split curves will add point on you circle or any shape, not the nicest of solution but it works.

G