Please! a mantain proportions checkbox on project dimensions

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Please! a mantain proportions checkbox on project dimensions

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I'm sure it's a feature very easy to introduce and it will save a lot of time, for change the size easily mantaining the proportions.

thanks.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

You know you can hold ALT while dragging the x or y scale handles to maintain proportions?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Thanks, I know that tip. But I'm talking about dimensions on project settings.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Oh ok I see what you mean.

Like maintain aspect ratio.

So if something's 100w x 200h pixels, if you changed it to 150w pixels the height would change to 300h pixels.

Yep that would be cool. I've had to use a computer calculator before to figure out the correct numbers when I changed the project size.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Mikdog wrote:Yep that would be cool. I've had to use a computer calculator before to figure out the correct numbers when I changed the project size.
Exactly. I use the calculator or open some painting software which do has the checkbox. It's very tedious when you use it all the time.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

That I always have wanted, that not only will cover this "lack" but much more at a time, is the possibility of make simple "+ - * /" arithmetic operations directly into all AS numeric boxes.

I have seen it implemented in other animation apps which I never had to open a calculator never again! So, although I know that AS is not an app where you be playing with numbers all the time, the good thing is that it'd be an "invisible" feature that will never bother you and it'll be very welcomed just when you need it, very handy to say the least :)

Of course, in this case where you want to maintain proportions, you'd have to make it in two steps, one for each numeric box but, despite of that, I still think it would be worth... Anyway, if you press me, it even wouldn't be incompatible with a restriction checkbox.

...Now the (not too much impressive! :o) fake:

...Well simple and usefull! Just like the feature requests LM used to like in the past :roll:
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Jasp! I've just realized that you get it! :D Si sabía que eras suertudo...

PD: Sin embargo, yo que me curré un fake y todo nada :(, ainsh...
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Ramón López wrote:...Jasp! I've just realized that you get it! :D Si sabía que eras suertudo...

PD: Sin embargo, yo que me curré un fake y todo nada :(, ainsh...
Jajajaja (or hahahaha, for english speakers). Didn't remember it was me who specifically requested this feature.
I suposse LM pick my request just because it was simpler than yours (and not necessarily better :wink:)

Thanks, Mike! you saved thousands of proportion calculation minutes which now users can spend animating :D
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel