Stereo render

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GCharb

Stereo render

Post by GCharb »

Anaglyph stereo is fun, but with the advent of 3dtv(Shutter Glasses) and
polarized glasses(theater), an option to render stereo to separate image...

Left - Center - Right

would be a great asset.

G
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

3D TV is using side by side, so that would be the prefered option. The devices can switch between parallex or cross-eye output. Whilst there are a number of other options around, this is the only one to be considering as its is the agreed internation standards being used by all the key manufacturers and Blr-ray, etc.

I now ahve my 3D goggles here - not slept much :-)

Rhoel
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Rhoel wrote:I now ahve my 3D goggles here - not slept much
LOL, I know what you mean.

I ve had my Nvidia glasses and 120hz Samsung monitor for about 8 months now and I use the stereoscopic player from Nvidia to see the movies and 3d movie maker to stich the images side by side, I love it.

Now I only need AS Pro to be able to render the left and right images for me!

G
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

GCharb wrote:
Rhoel wrote:I now ahve my 3D goggles here - not slept much
LOL, I know what you mean.

I ve had my Nvidia glasses and 120hz Samsung monitor for about 8 months now and I use the stereoscopic player from Nvidia to see the movies and 3d movie maker to stich the images side by side, I love it.

Now I only need AS Pro to be able to render the left and right images for me!

G
Ifyou output your left and right in full colour, you can assemble them using Stereo Photo Maker - free from a Japanese programmer: SPM has incredible alignment tools and can output in many different formats, including animated gif.

for those with interlaced monitors, try this one -

There is now a thread in the How Do I ... on 3D, I'll post more there.

Rhoel
Stinkygoat

yes, PLEASE!

Post by Stinkygoat »

This is a HUGE feature for me, can you tell me if it is being implemented or considered?

I'm about to decide between animePro, Crazytalk and toonboom... I'm all on board with Anime studio If "Side by side or overUnder" stereo is in the works... anaglyph is cool if its 1986 ;p

Right now I see a few ways of doing it...

1. render two shots (my buddy uses the 'lock layer script' to offset the second camera horizontally)...cumbersome
http://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17453

2. use Rhoel's camera tools (cant download the camera files!! doh!)
http://3d.rhoel.biz/data/asp_camera_convertor.php

I wish there was a Lua script!
Rhoel- did you ever create the 3D tutorial? i couldnt find it... your 3D cam info is great, but i dont know what to do with those lines of code...
I can usually upload my saved camera to your site's tool, but cannot download the camera files...i think your server is down...

Thanks!!!
- Possible future user
Stinkygoat

Post by Stinkygoat »

i guess no answer is my answer. bye bye
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Stinkygoat wrote:i guess no answer is my answer. bye bye
Hi, I don't spend too much time on this site anymore.

I dropped the S3D site as it wasn't being used - I moved the core of the calculations to my testing server ... need to go look what is happening over there/why its not downloading.

The 3D manual wasn't written as there was limited feedback on the need for it.

I spend heaps of time on the 3D Photo Forum - not an animation site but most of the guys there are experts in S3D.

Send me an email to let me know where you are on the testing and I'll see what I can do ...things here a little hectic as I've been promoted to operations manger and that has entailed installing a full ERP system.

Rhoel