Stride lenght

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GCharb

Stride lenght

Post by GCharb »

Hello all, yup, me again! :)

Been tweaking walkcycles lately, in actions and free, and I thought of this.

In another software, a 3D software actually, that many users on this forum know and love/hate, there is a function called stride lenght.

Stride lenght allow the user to create a walk cycle, or any cycling type of walk, run etc, and calculate it's lenght from front to back.

Once this is done, you can set a path, place your character on it, then let it walk.

You can shorten the walk, elongate it, change the pace, etc, and the walk stays on track, never slipping.

I am pretty sure this would benifit immensly to AS Pro and make life tons easier.

Now, I have not checked if someone asked for this before, and if they did, then good, shows the idea is not that silly! :)

G
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I have read that idea before. In a post Vern even told it could be scripted in the current version, all the info to make it is actually there. However, it was just a thought. Anyway, I absolutely agree this should be an offical AS's feature.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Dude, If the answers is already there, I welcome it to AS. I just spent 2 hrs drawing a stickman sneak walk because i have yet to draw the character yet.

Can this be scripted into AS now and all we need is someone to write it? or is it still beyond what As can do?
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

selgin wrote:In a post Vern even told it could be scripted in the current version, all the info to make it is actually there.
Both Vern and I are long time users of that famous 3D software, well, he still uses it, I do not.

I am a long time programmer/scripter, never used Lua but I might have a go at it and see what could be done, because this is an absolute great feature, makes life immensly easier.

G