A way to make a "Style" that works on all layers a

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

fracturedray

A way to make a "Style" that works on all layers a

Post by fracturedray »

Say you have a scene with a foreground and a background. In the scene you have trees and rock and mountains and hills. You want to create shadows with a shape drawn out, filled with black and set the transparency to 20%.

This will work great if all the shadows were on one layer. When it renders it would not show darker shadows when they overlap, it will show them all as a single filled in shadow, which is what I want.

the problem.
I have a character I want to move across the scene. I wanted to add a shadow for the character. However since the shadow is on it's own layer it will have overlapping shadows with the foreground. I don't want this so I'll need to move the character's shadow to the foreground shadow layer so they will blend well.

I think it would be a very useful option to be able to create a "Style" that blends the same on many separate layers and does not alter the look if there is any overlapping.

This video shows how I have separate shapes shadows for the hills and for the trees on the same layer and when rendered they only shade the surface underneath once, no overlapping (more dark) shadows.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXkJfthaJ18
Hi animation world.