Temporary Loop Marks

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

fracturedray

Temporary Loop Marks

Post by fracturedray »

I have an animation that is pretty long and often found myself adjusting the project settings of the Start Frame and End Frame to watch one section play and tweak it.

I think it would be helpful if there was a "Work In Progress Loop Markers" next to the onionskin button that the user could use to loop the player without having to go to Project settings all the time or have to hit play/stop and move the active timeline frame back.

-ray
Hi animation world.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

You can already do this. ALT-left click on the timeline to set the start, and ALT-right click to set the end. The animatiion will now loop between those two marks.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
fracturedray

Post by fracturedray »

thanks jahnocli, I'm guessing that was in the tutorial and I missed it. Sorry for the trouble.
Hi animation world.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

jahnocli wrote:You can already do this. ALT-left click on the timeline to set the start, and ALT-right click to set the end. The animatiion will now loop between those two marks.
Change ALT for Ctrl and you will have the needed loop without changing the project duration.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

No problemo -- I guess we both learned something!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
pihms

Post by pihms »

Very helpful!

Would you know how to make the animation loop when it is exported to swf?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

By default flash animations exported from AS should "automatically" loop when run in a browser or the Flash Player. That is the default Flash setting I believe and doesn't require anything special in AS.

-vern