Save for other versions of AS

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

fracturedray

Save for other versions of AS

Post by fracturedray »

I think it would be great if AS had an option to save files as older versions of AS. This way if a user has something to share that all users pro or basic could benefit from learning/using then it would make it very easy to save as an older version.

I know that some new features will be lost if exported to an older version or basic version. This may alter the exported file but at least it can still be used to learn new things.

I realize there would be a hesitation to do this, since a company would prefer other users upgrade to be able to keep up. But if they have a hard time learning the tool and no one can easily teach them you may loose the customer that way.
Hi animation world.
Wolfo

Post by Wolfo »

This option could be great, because this happens to me, i have a friend that can't open my files because I'm in Anime Studio 8 and he uses 7, and many times, i don't use new features of AS 8, so he could able to open a file but he can't because version.