Save Layer to Library

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ErikAtMapache

Save Layer to Library

Post by ErikAtMapache »

Often I am setting up a shot and discover that some layer in the shot would be useful to save for later reuse. I would like the ability to select a layer and save only that one. Bonus if I could automatically also generate a PNG of the layer for the library. (I am still on version 6 and I assume that this does not exist in the new version)
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Are you using Pro or Debut?

If you want to use just one layer, there are a few ways to reuse it. Delete all the other layers and save the project with just the layer you want as a different name, or you can import Anime Studio Object from the file menu.

If you are using Pro you can just deselect each layer you do not want rendered then render the layer you want and save image as .png. Also there is a option you can check that says don't render this layer.

If on Debut you can use the above method but you will have to take a screen shot of the rendered image then use an outside software to crop and convert to .png. Or you can render a few seconds then use outside software to take a picture of a frame in the movie.

There are probably more ways to do this...
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu