PLEASE! Scroll through switch layers/Auto bone bind to shape

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

PLEASE! Scroll through switch layers/Auto bone bind to shape

Post by Poptoogi »

One thing I find extremely time consuming is lip syncing. The auto lip sync is o.k. but I like using my own mouth switch layers when animating so they interpolate and look accurate and really match up with the words being spoken. The problem is that it's pretty time consuming. I have to scrub through the time line, listen to the sound, right click on the mouth switch layer and select the mouth. I've gotten a little faster at this because of practice but every time I do it I think "Man, I could do this a hundred times faster if, with the switch layer selected, I could just right click on the time line and use the mouse scroll wheel or up and down arrows on the keyboard and just scrub through different mouths and see them in a small preview window or even better as live updates on the character themselves! This feature would save hundreds of hours of work for files that contain a large amount of switch layers such as hand poses or eye poses. I bought a hand pose pack and have to look at a reference sheet every time I want to switch hands because there are just so many. Imagine just scrolling through hands and watch them update on your character automatically! That would be awesome!!!

Another feature that would be a great help for those of us that like to use region binding and binding to points would be a check box button that would automatically draw and bind a bone to a drawn shape. I think it would be a great tool for creating simple animated shapes or shapes that only need one bones like weapons, rocks, bullets etc..... The position of the bone could be determined by the direction the shape is dragged or even point to the last connecting vector point that creates a shape when being drawn.
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!