Stop the floating! Auto keyframe duplication option.

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Stop the floating! Auto keyframe duplication option.

Post by Poptoogi »

I think anyone who has used AS has run into the problem of floating movements. Say you key frame a arm moving from frame 1 to and needs to be in an up position in frame 20 but you want the movement to only take 4 frames you have to place another key frame at 16 to make it look correct. It would be nice if there was an option that automatically allows you to choose how many frames to place a duplicate key frame of the previous one. Does that make sense? I know it sounds crazy but maybe someone can make sense of my rambling. Example. I want my character to bend over and I'm on frame 1. I want the character to be bent down on frame 25 so I move the time line down to frame 25. When I click on the bone I want to manipulate on frame 25 a duplicate key frame of 1 (the standing up position) is automatically placed on frame 21 so the bending over motion only takes 4 frames. It would be great for great for animating quick movements. Here is an example of the liz character moving with quick movements that I made using copy and paste function but would look the same. Man I hope this makes sence! LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-_AhHUIKek
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Many options. I give you two.

- Copy and paste keyframes (alt+c and alt+v)
- Check this fantastic little script
viewtopic.php?t=16974
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel