Render resolution limit

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Render resolution limit

Post by DK »

Hi,

Is there a reason why Moho has a render output resolution limit?

I have been using Moho to do some print artwork which require
high resolution output. I was quite shocked to find that Mohos
render output resolution was limited to 4000.

D.K
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

There used to be a reason, but I believe that the limiting factor was fixed a while back so that you could theoretically go much higher. The 4000 limit is from a long time ago - it can probably be raised in the next update.

In the meantime, you can get around this limit. Open your .moho file in a text editor like Notepad. Right near the top of the file, you'll see a line that looks like this:

dimensions 320 240

Change these numbers to match whatever resolution you need. Example:

dimensions 10000 10000

Save the file and open it up in Moho. The dimensions will only get pushed back down to 4096 if you use the Project Settings dialog, and I'll see about getting that limit raised.

What kind of resolution are you needing for this project?
DK

Post by DK »

Hi LM,

Thanks for that help LM, i'd love to be able to post the designs i'm doing with Moho atm. I've just about thrown Corel and Illustrator out the window completely. The only thing stopping me is that the fonts are a lot cleaner in those apps than in Moho. I tend to get wobbly lines on the fonts in moho.

Back to the question:
The artwork i'm doing is to be printed onto cardboard counter displays. The artwork has to wrap around the box, so i end up having a very wide piece of artwork. I'd say if the limit was set to around 10,000 it would be more than ample.

Cheers
D.K
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Oops - the 10000 number I used as an example may not work. There is a limit, but I don't know what it is offhand - I'll have to investigate some more. I tried manually changing a .moho file to 10000 x 10000, and it didn't work. 8000 x 8000 does work, but I can't tell you right now what the maximum value you can use would be.
DK

Post by DK »

No problem LM. 8000 is perfect.

Thanks again
D.K