Motion Blur

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Motion Blur

Post by DK »

Hi,
Im trying to do an animation in Moho of the old newspaper spinning up to camera trick. I'm using motion blur but it's not working well. I really need the entire newspaper to be blurred as it spins but the motion blur effect is being hidden by the top vector layer. It would be great to be able to turn off or hide the top layer. Usefull for airplane propellers and wheels etc.

D.K
petefc

Re: Motion Blur

Post by petefc »

This post is over 7 years old. Did you solve your problem ? Did you give up or abandon the idea ?
DK

Post by DK »

OMG I don't remember. What I can say is that AS motion blur is not perfect. I may have done the newspaper spin in Lightwave 3D for a smoother effect.
Nothing against AS though, I find other applications specialize a little bit better in certain areas.

Cheers
D.K
petefc

Post by petefc »

Hi DK,

It was simply that I had recently done a newspaper spin myself. and as you say, AS is far from ideal. In my case I had two versions of my newspaper. The first was a straight forward png file from Adobe Photoshop Elements and the second was the same basic picture where I introduiced radial blur.

In AS I simply switched between the two - with the blurred version zooming towards the camera. I also added the AS motion blur effect and the final result was reasonable.

I came across your post when I was searching for ways to represent a car wheel in motion. I haven't found anything of use on the forum yet, but I have employed the same method. That is, drawing my wheel - exporting to Photoshop - introducing the radial blur - and re-importing back to AS.

Pete