Change layer types

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

rylleman

Change layer types

Post by rylleman »

I think it would be useful if you could change the layer type from one to another.
I realise it wouldn't be possible to change between a lot of them but where it could be done it should be possible, I think of the folder type layers, group, switch and bone.
Where I miss it right now is when positioning parts in a switch layer, it's much easier to align the parts when you see them all at once, meaning I have to first put them in a group layer and align them and then move them to a switch layer.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

This would be useful. I am going to look at the source of one of my files to see if this could be done "by hand" with a text editor...

... unless someone has written a script already to do this.

One of the situations I encountered recently involved bones on a switch layer.

I had created a bone layer and decided I needed it to be a switch layer. I had to recreate the bones on a new switch layer. If I could have changed the layer to a switch it would have saved some time.

-Vern
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

I'm trying to write a script for it right now. I think it's doable but the script keeps crashing on me and I can't get it to work. Hopefully I will eventually put out a working one.
In the meantime you can change layer types in your .moho file. The layer type is identified with a number, just change that one (group-3, bone-4, switch-5, particle-6) , and there are some layer specific info at the end of each layer block of code, probably need to paste the right one there.
I've used that trick to change grouplayer with >200 images in them into switchlayers, worked perfect.