ASP still needs a Mirror Bones tool!

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Autex

ASP still needs a Mirror Bones tool!

Post by Autex »

I know this is an old topic for some of you long time ASP users out there, but people have been wanting this for years, and ASP still doesn't have it. Heyvern made a lua script for it years ago as well, but that thing doesn't work anymore with the newer versions of ASP. You would save a lot of time during rigging.. just build half of it, mirror, then you already have the other half. Of course you'd have to bind the points on the other half of the geometry, but in 3D programs it's no different.

If anyone has come up with a cool trick to do it with the program, let me know. I'm spending too much time on something I shouldn't have to.
Hammer down on an empty chamber
Autex

Re: ASP still needs a Mirror Bones tool!

Post by Autex »

I die a little each time I need to mirror bones and cant. 30 minutes of my time dies with it. Does anyone not know what I am talking about? Lots of reads, no responses. :(
JimmyMcNulty

Post by JimmyMcNulty »

I agree. This would be very nice.

There is this "Copy and Flip Bones menu script and Rename Bones menu script" from the Heyvern's scripts and tools (viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7842), but it's not working anymore.

Maybe HeyVern himself could reanimate this script? :)

vern vern vern ?

Jimmy
Autex

Post by Autex »

@ Jimmy: *like* ^^
Autex

Post by Autex »

Still waiting on a mirror bones tool :evil: Shame on you Smith Micro for still not having this in ASP 9. This simply hinders your customers from working more professionally. I guess with this program, if you want something done right...do it yourself.