Tool tip for switch in timeline

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Fahim, Distinct Sun, Víctor Paredes, erey, Belgarath, slowtiger

ErikAtMapache

Tool tip for switch in timeline

Post by ErikAtMapache » Thu May 10, 2012 3:02 am

I suggest having a tool tip popup in the timeline when you hold the cursor over a dot(keyframe/circle/node?) that says what switch layer is selected by the keyframe.
Víctor Paredes

Re: Tool tip for switch in timeline

Post by Víctor Paredes » Thu May 10, 2012 3:38 am

I have been thinking about switch layers and have a similar idea, but I think it gives a better visual relation between keys and layers.
I think layers could be auto colored, and keyframes of each one should of the same layer color. You could change the color of a layer by clicking over the color. So, for example, if I have a dialog with lots of L's, I could define a very salient color for L, so I would know where all the L's are in the timeline.

I think colorize the layers should be an option for all layers, even when they are not in a switch. For example, there are layers which I never animate, they could be gray, but I could colorize the layers I animate most, so could easily find them in the sea of layers.
Víctor Paredes
Former Moho Product Manager
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon
Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers
Cartoon Saloon - My Youtube Channel - My webinars
ErikAtMapache

Re: Tool tip for switch in timeline

Post by ErikAtMapache » Fri May 11, 2012 2:15 am

I like -- although I don't keep my switch layer open when I animate.