Align, snapping and pathfinder tools video example

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Align, snapping and pathfinder tools video example

Post by Poptoogi »

I actually wrote something about this before and I just wanted to add a video to the topic because I think it shows what I'm talking about in a clearer way. I watched the video again and I hope its not coming of as if I'm irritated or disappointed with anime studio in anyway! I'm lucky enough to have all of the adobe and microsoft products given to me at my job but I realize that everyone isn't as lucky as I am to have access to multiple graphic programs and that's why I'm requesting stuff. Like this. Anime studio IS the best animation program on the market and it's the most affordable too. I'm just hoping they keep creating a better and better product so more and more users and companies will see it for how truly powerful it really is. So with that said here is why I think AS should look into aligning tools, pathfinders and guide and object snapping!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
Lukas

Re: Align, snapping and pathfinder tools video example

Post by Lukas »

I agree this would be great to have.
KenW

Post by KenW »

This would be a tremendous help. 8)
bitbutter

Post by bitbutter »

Agree. It would be a huge help not to need to use illustrator for precise point control.
DigitalDesignDude

Post by DigitalDesignDude »

I agree with this as well. :)

The ability to snap and align vector art precisely is important for ensuring that character body parts are aligned perfectly with their circle joints so that outlined body parts can rotate seamlessly.

For added clarification, see the below video which demonstrates how snapping helps align body parts with each other when designing a basic cutout animation character.

https://youtu.be/ULoZaWRnGMQ

I used Toon Boom Harmony for this demonstration since Moho doesn't have any equivalent alignment features other than grid snapping, and I hope that changes someday since even Flash/Animate has more snapping and alignment tools than MOHO.

Also, during production should any of my character's body parts become misaligned with each other by mistake, snapping can come in handy when needing to make quick alignment fixes.