Few little GUI things in ASP 9

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Manu

Few little GUI things in ASP 9

Post by Manu »

Just had a quick play around with ASP 9. Looks great. But a few things stood out. They could be seen as minor bug reports.

- Layer colours are great, but the highlight colour still defaults to the same dark blue, making it much less useful than it could be.
- Layers Comps are great, but unfortunately, the sub-menu's for "Update Layer Comp" and "Expose Layer Comp" overlap their parent menu, making it impossible to see if you're about to update or expose a Layer Comp.
- Double clicking on numerical input fields doesn't select the current value.
- I'm sure I'm not saying anything new here, but alt dragging a keyframe to hold it results in a bar twice the length of the mouse movement. Not a major bug, but a bit untidy, no?

Running on OSX 10.6.8
Lukas

Re: Few little GUI things in ASP 9

Post by Lukas »

I agree, dragging a 'hold' shouldn't scroll twice as fast as your dragging it.

Also setting a hold could be easier, maybe alt-drag on a keyframe could make it a hold-keyframe, even if it wasn't before. Or it could have a keyframe at the end of the hold (containing the same info as the initial keyframe, and if you edited it the 1st would aslo be edited and vice versa), which you can just regular-click and drag to change the hold's length.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

Alt dragging any key frame makes it hold but u can only do this if a key is not first selected. The double frame hold thing is a bug already reported, you'll notice it doesn't always happen, never on some channels. This will be fixed at some point but They didn't get time before 9 released.
DrGhaedi

Post by DrGhaedi »

I have one suggestion and one question:

Suggestion:
It would be great if the stroke color in the styles toolbar would have the option of being changed via a swatch - similar to the fill color?

Question:
Also, why didn't Mike Clifton integrate Papagayo into AS yet? Not a criticism, am just very curious. :)
just because nobody understands you does not make you an artist
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

DrGhaedi wrote:It would be great if the stroke color in the styles toolbar would have the option of being changed via a swatch - similar to the fill color?
Right click ;)
DrGhaedi wrote:Also, why didn't Mike Clifton integrate Papagayo into AS yet? Not a criticism, am just very curious. :)
AS9 was made taking in count most asked feature requests from the user base. I think the integration of Papagayo wasn't a priority at that time. Of course you can start a new thread on the feature requests forum (or post in an existing one).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
DrGhaedi

Post by DrGhaedi »

Thank you Victor! :D
just because nobody understands you does not make you an artist