Key animated channels in Blend Morph window

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ulrik

Key animated channels in Blend Morph window

Post by ulrik »

As the title says, to be able to add a keyframe to all animated channels for this particular "Blend Morph", I mean in the Blend Morph control window.
Let's say I have a BM "body turn", and it applies to a lot of different channels and on different nested layers, before I use this BM I would like to set a keyframe to all the channels involved in this particular BM, lets say on frame 20 ( perhaps a small button next to the BM to "apply" a key), then I can move to frame 26 and apply the BM and knowing that all involved animated channels will start at frame 20 and end at frame 26. As it is know you have to look all over the document, on a lot of layers if you want to set a "starting key".
funksmaname

Re: Key animated channels in Blend Morph window

Post by funksmaname »

Mike Kelley has created a script to 'key all' channels - I assume it works on all nested layers too, but don't take my word for it. Once installed and set a keystroke, you can just freeze your animation at frame 20 and go to 26 where you set the blend morph.

This is a fair request though - there should be a 'add keyframe to this and all child layers animation channels' script built into the software.
ulrik

Re: Key animated channels in Blend Morph window

Post by ulrik »

funksmaname wrote:Mike Kelley has created a script to 'key all' channels - I assume it works on all nested layers too, but don't take my word for it. Once installed and set a keystroke, you can just freeze your animation at frame 20 and go to 26 where you set the blend morph.

This is a fair request though - there should be a 'add keyframe to this and all child layers animation channels' script built into the software.
Yes I know about that script, it's a good script, however what I want is a "key all the channels that is used in this Blend Morph action" as a button next to the actual BM
With this button you set a key only to the points (like 3 points used of 21 for the cheek, bones (left leg bone 1 only rotation), layers, etc... used in this BM at the current state, it is called "hold key" maybe?
The problem that I have with the "key all" script is that it sets a key to all channels on all layers, if I want to go back and add animation at that time in timeline some of the channels are already keyed and I have to find them and delete them. I don't know if I make myself understandable, I'm not so good in explanation :oops: