Motion Blur

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Ronbo

Motion Blur

Post by Ronbo »

This feature request has been suggested by others before, but it is worth repeating: true motion blur! Please, please, please!

I don't know if anybody ever really uses the "motion blur" (more of an echo trail than a motion blur) that currently exists in ASP. Of course, everyone's style is different, but I personally feel that motion blur adds a professional polish to an animation and it would be nice to have it as an option in ASP without having to even consider dealing with it in After Effects, which many people do not have access to anyway.

Incidentally, if any of you After Effects users know a good way to add motion blur to an exported ASP animation I would truly love to hear how you do it. If you do the actual animation in AE motion blur is simple, but as far as I can tell, if you export an animation from ASP and bring it into AE you need to resort to "CC Force Motion Blur," which is less than satisfactory in my opinion.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Motion Blur

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Agree. "Real" motion blur would be a nice feature.
Meanwhile, In AE you can use the plug in "reel smart motion blur" (RSMB). It works very well.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Ronbo

Re: Motion Blur

Post by Ronbo »

Thank you, Victor. I've recently tried ReelSmart Motion Blur and agree that it does work well although it would be really nice to avoid that added expense of buying RSMB (not to mention After Effects for those who don't already have it) by having true motion blur included as an integral part of ASP.