Moving/Repositioning Gradient Fills

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

spasmodic_cheese

Moving/Repositioning Gradient Fills

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

Is there anyway to reposition gradients fills?

They always stuck in the middle(radial) and I cant seem to figure out a way to move them?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Sorry, no, there isn't a way to position a gradient within a shape.
Manu

Post by Manu »

Until you can reposition gradients directly in Moho, you can try to fake it with masking. It's a bit cumbersome, but better than nothing.
spasmodic_cheese

mm thanks for the workaround, btu even that still doesnt give me the functionality I need(scale, and rotate the actual gradient too)

not to worry, i'll just a different style =)
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

You could always try painting bitmap gradients as per the last tutorial in version 4. I just tried it in 5 and it seems to work even better with the new bone features.
I used XaraX1 to do the bitmaps and saved them out as higher rez to give a bit of extra headroom when zooming and distorting.
spasmodic_cheese

Yah i tried doing that (i draw in flash), I really wanted to keep vector ...

ACTUALLY YOU GIVEN ME ANOTHER IDEA!!! brb

ohhh it worked!!!

For anyone who wants to do gradients create a 16x16 PNG of your gradient,
Now import the image into moho and you can scale it to any res you like and the way png renders it will smooth out any pixellaton (the best it can)

then i guess you'll have to mask it...

Why bother? well you can get a big gradient for only a couple of bytes , instead of a massive file size, and the same thing

EDIT :
The above works fine for video render, but flash doesnt render png the right way...so... bugga =P
Manu

Post by Manu »

So what is the advantage of using a bitmap gradient that you mask as opposed to a vector gradient that you mask?

Just like with the bitmap, you can reposition, scale and rotate the vector gradient seperate from the mask.
Squeakydave

Post by Squeakydave »

You can have lost of different types of gradients not just the two that Moho supports. Aside from that not much difference.