patch layer outline option

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

arfa

patch layer outline option

Post by arfa »

It would be nice to have the option to select "exlude / include outline" when adding a patch.

Even extra nicer would be editable points on the patch shape.

I wonder if a lua scripter could tweak this? I shall enquire :P

EDIT...
context...
I tried using a patch layer as - well, yes, a patch to cover an (animated) object. It works brilliantly except that the obj dives in over the top of the outline - then under the fill. Exclude that outline... yes plz
funksmaname

Re: patch layer outline option

Post by funksmaname »

patch layers are super simplified mask layers essentially - if you want custom shapes use masking, and masking supports inclusion/exclusion of outline...
my advice, learn to use masks! :)
arfa

learning

Post by arfa »

Yes - learn masks.
Very much on the list of to dos.

I was surprised tho to see my mention/request on this in the script section removed.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

I had nothing to do with that :) Though in case you didn't see my response there, it basically said there's no need to keep re-posting almost identical posts in different places ;)
arfa

Post by arfa »

It is mostly me getting a sense of how the forum works.

My assumption was that 'features request' has a rather slow life and is read by LM coders with a view to possible inclusion in some later version.

Scripting on the other hand I assume is read by users into coding and a 'fix' could be relatively easy. I really don't know how or at what level lua interfaces with the core code or where the patch script fits in but I code a lot of www.PHP interface and a checkbox and its actions are easily inserted - assuming it is deemed useful :roll:

sorry for any clutter.
& BIG thanks to all those who persist - and give so much here.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

personally I have the 'view new posts' page as my landing page when coming to these forums, so I get a page with every new thread in every section and click on all those of interest - maybe this makes it more obvious to me when someone is multiposting, but I expect others - particularly admins and/or the more 'seasoned' of us - do the same (?)
:)

no bother, and I posted an example in your other thread... see, you don't know where to look for responses if you post too many copies ;)

Peace.