Paste In Front and Paste Behind

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Paste In Front and Paste Behind

Post by Greenlaw »

I know we have the Raise and Lower commands in ASP, which is fine but what I would really like to have is a Paste In Front and a Paste Behind command, like the ones that exist in Adobe Illustrator and other vector based drawing programs. These edit commands can be a bit more direct and specific than Raise and Lower because they allow you to paste a selection relative to another selection. The current system can get messy and tedious to work with when trying to sort a vector layer with many separate path elements.

Or has somebody already written a script for this feature too. :wink:

Thanks for listening.

G.
neeters_guy

Re: Paste In Front and Paste Behind

Post by neeters_guy »

Not exactly that, but there are scripts that give you the order number of a given shape, which makes it easier to arrange the shapes as you please. Rudiger Shape Select tool does this. If you read that thread, note you'll need to mod the script slightly to get it to work with v.9.

This is also a script by 7feet: Select Shape tool - See where in the order the dang shape is. This is an older thread so you may have to tinker with the script to get it to work.
Greenlaw

Re: Paste In Front and Paste Behind

Post by Greenlaw »

Thank you for the info! I'll check these out tonight. :)

G.