Proportional scaling of line weights with Scale Points tool

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Proportional scaling of line weights with Scale Points tool

Post by Greenlaw »

Hi,

Not sure if there's a script for this but if not, I wish to make a request to the developer for an option in the Scale Points tool that allows me scale line weights proportionately. (Kinda like you can in Adobe Illustrator.)

Just to be clear, I'm aware that line weights can be set to scale proportionately when animating or resizing a layer but I want to be able to do this at the drawing level when I'm creating and editing shapes. This would be especially helpful when I'm re-purposing and combining elements from different scenes that had different scales.

Currently, the Scale Points tool maintains the current line weights settings when scaling selected points and shapes, instead of scaling the line weights up or down with the tool. Sometimes this is desirable behavior and it isn't a big deal when all lines are meant to have a constant value because that would be easily editable. But I prefer to draw my lines with 'thick and thin' properties to look like pen/brush strokes, so typically, after scaling, I have to reset all the line weights manually to recreate a properly scaled 'thick and thin' look. Naturally, I won't always want the line weights to scale proportionately when using Scale Pointsl, but having worked with ASP for several months now, I find that I often wish I had this as an option.

Thanks for listening.

If anybody knows of a script for this feature, please let me know. :)

G.