Blend Morphs Improvement

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AwsomeAnimate

Blend Morphs Improvement

Post by AwsomeAnimate »

I don't know if someone has already posted something like this but I feel that there should be a change with the morph action. What should happen is that you have to go to the morphs tab create an action in it and you can use as many frames as you want instead of having to use 1 frame. I hope this is a good idea :).
funksmaname

Re: Blend Morphs Improvement

Post by funksmaname »

why don't you just use smart action bones instead? they are multiple frame...
hammerjammer

Re: Blend Morphs Improvement

Post by hammerjammer »

YES, I agree with Funksmaname. Using a smartbone is the probably the better way to do it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, But Morph actions have been replace with Smartbones by most of us today. Its not that they are bad. You just will have more control of the Keyframes using Smartbones. I believe they are easier to setup and work with too. I think Morph actions are left over from before we had Smartbones. Like some of the other features its left there for the older rigs and setups that many older users would still have. Morph Actions are still usable but most users have gotten away from using them, including me.
What should happen is that you have to go to the morphs tab create an action in it and you can use as many frames as you want instead of having to use 1 frame.
If I am understanding statement correctly. YES you can have as many frames as you like in Smartbones as well. I guess the default is one(1) frame, but you can drag that one to any amount of frames you would like. This is assuming this is what you meant.

I hope this helps. I wanted to expand on Funksmaname's answer.

HammerJammer
Check out All of my animations on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/HammerAnimation/videos

Thanks for watching!
Hammerjammer