What about Moho 3d?

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

red hamster

What about Moho 3d?

Post by red hamster »

What about a 3d version of Moho? I mean, another software, user friendly, sort of a semplified version of Animation Master. I could spend even 200 bucks for such a software.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Probably I'd love it! :) ...But I'm afraid that we need 3 LM's more in the world to accomplish it :( (a pity...)
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

we need 3 LM's more
What is a LM?
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

yes. i also think this is a big jump forward, maybe in 5 to 10 years there is such a piece of software... but i don't think LM will take moho to 3d since moho is originally a 2d animation software... And A:M is not that hard anyway.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

:shock: Jaja... TÍO! :roll: "LM = Lost Marble", the GOD for 1009 users here actually and growing! :D
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Lost Marble , yes. ..anyway: also hobbyst may produce 3d software as hamapatch and animar8, a 3D Moho would be a middle range 200 bucks software with a decent market segment (think to Cibermotion or Carrara basis ) . Why 10 years? Is so hard to write a basic sline modeller plus an animator module,in comparison of a 2D one?
Moho is very complete and well done, Lost Marble is skilled, for sure.

I don't mean a Moho upgrade, I mean another software, called "Moho 3D" or something.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

salve Lost Marble!
brindo holocausto por ti.

mmm. i don't agree with this of 3d moho. i think that LM loves 2d cartoons, and if he has put some 3d features in moho, this only has been because all the good animation softwares must support it.

(this doesn't mean that LM should not add more 3d features in moho. the 3d bones to .obj, for example, would be something very useful to 2d animation in a 3d space)
elbramtsol

Post by elbramtsol »

Well, Moho is Developed by Mike Clifton...
this 3d software is too:
http://www.geocities.com/getspatch/

---I think is the same person... do you? :shock:
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

He is surely a very talent programmer.
What's wrong with to produce and sell two software instead of one?
Macromedia, Adobe , even Toonboom sell more than a single product.
godlike27

Post by godlike27 »

elbramtsol wrote:Well, Moho is Developed by Mike Clifton...
this 3d software is too:
that's interesting, I wonder why there is no Lost Marble sPatch, it was abandoned in 1998?, I think I came across sPatch earlier just never noticed it was developed by Mike Clifton.
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

elbramtsol wrote:Well, Moho is Developed by Mike Clifton...
this 3d software is too:
---I think is the same person... do you? :shock:
hmmm... really interesting... i wonder if one can make moho and sPatch work together... but i will check it out tomorrow... bedtime... Zzzz...
Banterfield

Post by Banterfield »

Hmm... a separate product would certainly make sense. I'd buy it!

Still, it would be a shame to reduce the time he has for 2d Moho to work on a 3d version.
Dave
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I kinda like sPatch, and always thought since it was the same guy, and seems to use a lot of similar conceptual undepinnings, that it would be cool if you could at least iport sPatch models, along with the .OBJ's. Might be a little more amenable to the ol' Moho style.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

"Macromedia, Adobe , even Toonboom sell more than a single product"

Maybe these guys have a friend who helps them out once in a while :wink:

But seriously, one application is quite time-consuming already in particular if you are a one-man company and have to take of the business side, customer support etc. Anim8or is a freeware app done in spare time and because it's free doesn't demand regular updates and user support. If you have to make a living from software it becomes a different ballgame...or marble game in this case...

The DVDLab author for instance, a really busy fellow also got extra help in development of his software because he couldn't handle his increasing range of products. Maybe someone will get in touch with LM and offer to work on a spin-off 3D application based on the Moho environment?

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
mr. blaaa

Post by mr. blaaa »

Rational as usual, i appreciate this, Sir! :idea: