Delete all layer comps command

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Delete all layer comps command

Post by Greenlaw »

I'd like to see a Delete All Layer Comps option added to the Layer Comps commands.

I use Layer Comps...a lot. And a lot of times, I'll reuse a scene with a lot of Layer Comps, but by the time I'm done with the scene, layers will have been added, deleted and resorted to the point where the existing Layer Comps are no longer valid. At that point I need to delete the Layer Comps and start a completely new set.

The issue is that it is currently very tedious to delete each layer one at a time, especially if you render out as many passes as I typically do for every scene in a production. It would be really helpful if I could just delete all existing Layer Comps with a single command before I begin setting up new ones for the scene.

Thanks for listening.

G.
synthsin75

Re: Delete all layer comps command

Post by synthsin75 »

If I were you, I'd just delete all the layer comps from the file directly. Just delete everything between:
### layer comps
And:
### document metadata
...leaving these two lines intact.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

synthsin75 wrote:If I were you, I'd just delete all the layer comps from the file directly. Just delete everything between:
### layer comps
And:
### document metadata
...leaving these two lines intact.
Thanks, I'll do that.

Still wish to make this request though as it would still be easier to simply select an option from the list of Layer Comp editing commands. To me, Delete All Layer Comps seems like a logical extension of the current editing options.

G.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

No doubt, but always good to have a way to do it quickly now as well.