splines as bones and other things.

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PJHanime

splines as bones and other things.

Post by PJHanime »

what if the actual artwork could be also function a bone instead of bones. For example a line / spline with 4 vertex can not only be animated but also act as a bone rendered or not. each vertex could have an influence. same goes for shapes. This could be a very fluid way to draw and rig simultaneously and very powerful for someone who can draw 3 dimensionally.
Seems to me bones, although useful, are an appendix to 3d animation and perhaps a limitation to an advanced 2d artist, Hope this makes sense.

How about making the angle constraints animate-able within an action to make full body rotations on complicated characters. maybe they already are? never checked. maybe I should.

would be nice if bones on the same layer could be linked to other separate layers independently. for example a bone that is pointed to by the end of the rig to simulate IK is driven by a different layer than that at the top of the bone chain. Yes you could plan around it. but this would be useful when you change your mind or introduce another character and don't' want to backtrack to get them to work together. maybe they can already and I missed something.

what if you could select a line and go down the timeline and draw another fresh one in a different position then click "conform to" so the original line alines itself with the curve and length freshly drawn line. regardless of number of vertex. or maybe you select a line then move down the timeline draw another line and it automatically is the same line with the same number of vertex thus creating keyframe. This could be ultra powerful in the right hands. combined with smart bone dials for rotations would be amazing. I would put this on the top of list of things that would make this program the gold standard.

Just throwing that out there. Keep up the good work
And happy holidays
Phil H
http://philholloway.wix.com/01
llamapixel

Re: splines as bones and other things.

Post by llamapixel »

+1