Select click and drag multiple layers in Sequencer

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Reindeer

Select click and drag multiple layers in Sequencer

Post by Reindeer »

I don't know if there's a way to do this so I'll try bidding it as a feature request... in Sequencer View it would be useful to drag more than one layer at a time. I know this can be achieved by grouping them into a folder and dragging that, but it also creates another level to think about.
It would seem reasonable to just click select and drag.
synthsin75

Re: Select click and drag multiple layers in Sequencer

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, at the very least Animation>Set Layer Start Time could work with all selected layers.

EDIT: I've entered an enhancement request for this.
Reindeer

Post by Reindeer »

I'm posting again on this one.
I just dragged a bunch of layers one by one or tapped the Set Layer Start Time over and over again (as I wrote in the first post, no, having to choose the lesser evil I prefer to do that than add another group layer because often the structures have plenty of those).

I feel the (pretty obvious) ability to 'select & drag' and 'select & set layer start' for multiple layers is still badly needed.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

If anyone else needs this, please let us know. It may help bump its priority.
Hubcube

Post by Hubcube »

I agree 8 years later that this feature is still lacking. Even though we can slide a parent folder to move all included layers along, it doesn't totally replace the ability to click and drag multiple layers at once. Or am I missing something?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Sorry, I posted but then realized I misread the request and deleted my post. Nothing to see here. :)

But, yeah, I just use a Group to move multiple layers...but I tend to use a lot of groups in my projects anyway, so that's just normal for me. Less clicking to do.

That said, it seems like you should be able to select multiple layers in Sequencer and move them together, doesn't it? Hopefully, we'll see an enhancement in a future release.