Interpolation between switch layers bound to bones.

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Poptoogi

Interpolation between switch layers bound to bones.

Post by Poptoogi »

I have always loved the interpolation feature that you can achieve when using switch layer. Way before I used bones for lip syncing this is what I always used. The fluidity that it creates is amazing! Now that I'm using bones it would really be great if somehow MOHO could interpolate between steps created by switch layer bones. I know the reason this can't be done now is because they are driven by angles and must sometimes pass by several other switch layers to get to the desired one but surely, if they all contain the same amount of points there can be a way of making them reference off the last keyframe to the next.

Maybe it's really complex to get that to work but think of the possibilities. To be able to create dozens of facial expressions, mouths, hands or even complete body poses that can blend directly from one pose to another. That combined with the new switch layer viewing window would be absolutely KILLER!!!!!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!
funksmaname

Re: Interpolation between switch layers bound to bones.

Post by funksmaname »

But now you have the selection window you don't need to select between them using a bone at all, so in betweens will work as normal?
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

Also, couldn't you save poses and expressions now as regular actions and insert them as needed?
Poptoogi

Post by Poptoogi »

......Yeah, I should've played around with the new switch selection feature!!!!!! SOOOO AWESOME! Way better than what I was thinking of. It's actually the perfect solution since is has the pictures too. I'm slow sometimes!!!
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless acts of beauty! Pause, consider, do! I dare you!