are these possible?pleasy weasy....

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

hard as snails

are these possible?pleasy weasy....

Post by hard as snails »

hi i would like:
1 the ability to lock a layer
2 the abilty to grayscale layers and be able to turn this on and off during animation
3 the ability to turn and off layer blending modes during animation
4 maybe a pucker and bloat tool
5 i would like the "draw arrow" tool removed(does anyone actually use it????)

ps i would like MOHO promoted more in magazines(with tutorials),in colleges and studios(it deserves to be more widely used) :-) i'm going to the animex festival in middlesbrough next week and one of the workshops is for toonboon(i won't be attending that one!)
hilarity begins at home...
rylleman

Re: are these possible?pleasy weasy....

Post by rylleman »

hard as snails wrote: 5 i would like the "draw arrow" tool removed(does anyone actually use it????)
find the file _tool_list.tx in your .../Moho/Scripts/tool folder.
Delete the line "tool lm_arrow ..." Save and restart Moho (or press ctrl+F5).
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

hard as snails wrote:(does anyone actually use it????)
I'd use it a lot if the tool could draw "real " arrows instead that "simulate" arrows, you know, arrows that you could manipulate without be deformed, just like in any other vector program (uf, this issue again...), although I know that this only would be possible if Moho could define "Final Ends" in the strokes, a feature request that I ALWAYS have wanted by the way... and always will want... CIAO!
Last edited by Rai López on Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gavi dvan

Post by gavi dvan »

hard as snails wrote:2 the abilty to grayscale layers and be able to turn this on and off during animation
I like that.

Similar to the opacity tool, but colour or something.

This would be great for flashbacks!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make.
There is a 255 character limit
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Ey! :) I think someday we could have something better! -->:!:<--
myles

Post by myles »

hard as snails wrote:2 the abilty to grayscale layers and be able to turn this on and off during animation
Easily enough done. Just put a white/black/grey(fully non-saturated) rectangle layer (the anti-saturation layer) over the layer you want to grayscale, and set layer blending to saturation.
This will affect all layers underneath. To affect just one layer, set the layer to be affected as the mask for the anti-saturation layer.
You can then play with the visibility or the opacity of the anti-saturation layer to quickly switch or gradually fade grayscaling on and off.

Here is a quick example.
hard as snails wrote:3 the ability to turn and off layer blending modes during animation
Play with visibility or opacity of the blending effect, as above, or duplicate the blending layer, set it to non-blending and switch between the blending and non-blending versions.
hard as snails wrote:5 i would like the "draw arrow" tool removed(does anyone actually use it????)
Some possible uses: creating animated diagrams (not all animation is chracter based), using Moho as a storyboarding app (indicating camera and animation moves with arrows), using in conjunction with notes layers for passing animation notes.
hard as snails wrote:ps i would like MOHO promoted more in magazines(with tutorials)
I hope that means we'll see some articles and tutorials from you soon. :wink:

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
hard as snails

Post by hard as snails »

hi Myles you do some great tutorials from which i have learned a lot :-) your method to greyscale layers i have thought of but wouldnt give the true greyscale colour to its before colour,a script could do this probs ;-)
the arrow tool isn't real suitable for diagrams or story boarding,i would rather use the "draw tool" "insert text" and then select "varishapes regular" font which i think is free from www.dingbatdepot.com. it includes 3d arrows(a lot more useful for camera etc)
i would love to do tutorials but i can't even insert pictures into my posts!maybe in a couple of months,i'm on this learning curve nearly 7 days a week! maybe a dedicated section on the forum for tutorials???
hilarity begins at home...
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

hard as snails wrote:your method to greyscale layers i have thought of but wouldnt give the true greyscale colour to its before colour...
Any chance you could explain what you mean? This should work perfectly to create grayscale and be able to animate it.

You could even play around with using a copy of the color version and using the luminosity layer blending. A color set to luminosity always creates grayscale on layers below it at different values depending on the "brightness" of the color above and below.

-vern